Skip to main content

Dyrehaven - Day 22

When buying old Nikon SLR's you also have a chance to get an interesting lens as part of the kit. One such lens is the Nikon Series E 100 f/2.8. It's a manual focus lens.

I mounted the lens on my Nikon D300 and went out shooting with tripod to test the Mirror Up (MU) function together with the Nikon MC-36 cable release. Shooting with MU should in theory give sharper photos because the shutter is not introducing any vibration when moving up. I must admit when studying a photo taken without MU and a photo with MU - I can't see the difference. Maybe its the lens - maybe its me?! 

My subject was a tree that still had a lot of apples eventhough it's winter. It's as if the tree wont realize winter has come.


My next subject was "Dyrehaven" - a park close to my home. Again the D300 with the 100mm f/2.8 Series E lens and the Nikon MC-36 cable release was mounted on a tripod. 


Both photos received some post processing in LR3 and the latter also a 6:18 Tone Blue Seim Effect.

Here is my setup :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

x-teams

I've just ordered a new book from Amazon. The name "x-teams" immediately caught my eye as I read about it in the Danish business newspaper - Børsen. The reviewer assigned 5 marks out of six, so expectations are high.
X-Teams written by Deborah Ancona and Henrik Bresman raises an interesting question already on the front cover.
"Why do teams fail?"
The topic of the book is how to build teams that lead, innovate, and succeed. I'll write a short review as soon as I've read it.

Seach inside the book here

Three beautiful girls

Family portrait for mother-father and grand parents. Shot at my home studio in Hørsholm. Give me a call or an email if you need a portrait done - either for personal use or as a gift.

Mia Blichfeldt

Sometimes you get lucky. I shot this natural portrait of Mia Blichfeldt - a very gifted and up-coming badminton player at a private party - just a month before she became the youngest Danish Champion in Badminton in the senior league - and she is only 16!

Of course you can find many photos of Mia "in action", but only very few where she is being just herself - outside the badminton arena.