Pages

03/01/2012

Three Feathers - Day 3



Again I'm playing around with my Speedlights. The idea was to photograph some feathers falling through air with a piece of shale as back drop. A SB-900 and a SB-600 was placed left and right angled 45 degree  to the shale each controlled remotely by PocketWizard FlexTT5 & MiniTT1. But this attempt resulted in the lack of shadows - so I switched of the SB-600 and used the SB-900 from a more angled position to cast a shadow.
Trying to get 3-4 feathers to fall nicely through the air is not easy, so I took a three photos with just one feather and merged them in CS5. Back in Lightroom further twisting was made to achieve a contrast rich and saturated mono tone image.

The equipment was my Nikon D300 with AF-S Micro 60mm f/4.0G ED (Sync speed at 1/250).

No comments:

Post a Comment