Pages

07/01/2012

Vivi & Christian - Day 7


Saturday is a perfect day to play with photo equipment. Today I wanted to use my newly acquired Elichrome D-Lite it kit and my son Christian and wife Vivi was happy to pose as models.



Here is the basic set-up. I used a white wall as back drop and lit it with a 200w D-Lite it 2 (power 2.5). A 400w D-Lite it 4 (power 2.7) was mounted with a Elinchrom Minisoft 44 beauty dish with diffuser. On my D300 I mounted the ELS Transmitter ECO to remotely control the flash units. A Sekonic Flashmate L-308S was used to set the correct exposure data. I chose a shutter speed of 1/125 and the resulting aperture was f/14.

On the first test photo Vivi has holding a grey card and I used this to set the correct white balance and then sync all other photos with that WB setting in LR3.

My D300 was set to RAW at ISO 200 and mounted with AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D. The resulting file size was 13 MB and I cropped it slightly which reduced the size to 12 MB. The camera was hand held. In Lightroom I only added Clarity (+44) and sharpening. 

Using a digital light meter is a new experience for me, but I'm stunned by the result. No use to adjust exposure in LR3 at all!

Two more photos from the same shoot.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment