Today I was tired after 2 hours of spinning, so creativity and energy was low. But my wife had just bought a lovely bouquet of tulips, so why not target them as a subject for the "photo of the day".
Above is my final image after I added lots of flash light and did some heavy post processing in both LR4 and CS5.
Here is the starting image where both a SB-700 and a SB-900 is shooting at their lowest flash output (controlled through PW's - PocketWizard Flex TT5 x 2, PW Mini TT1, PW AC3).
From here I started to positioning the two Speedlights and increased their flash output until the wall behind the flowers was completely white (done with a SB-700 lashing the wall from the right side and with a SB-900 front left lighting both the tulips and the wall on the left). I used a white reflector to reflect light from the wall to the bottom half of the vase. A Nikon MC-36 remote cable release unit was used to trigger the camera (Nikon D300 with Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8).
Here is my set-up :-)