Gå videre til hovedindholdet

How do you challenge your creativity? - Day 130



How do you challenge your creativity?

Being a photographer - full time or part time - is very competitive. We all have the same equipment, which we can buy with no margin to the dealers due to the commodity nature of photographic equipment, and we all face clients that more or less have the same requirements and want a low price for maximum quality.

If you are an average photographer trying to survive in the main stream photographic business, then you will not make enough money to make a living.

How do you find your own voice, promote it and get the jobs? I can't give you an answer but the small lesson I have learned it to constantly challenge your own photographic abilities. It's not about how you master your equipment, but how you SEE an envision a photo opportunity. Applying the tools afterwards is just the basics.

I'm in no way a special gifted photographer. On the contrary -  I've been annoyed with my own mediocrity for long. Yes - I can make technical perfect - but boring photos. But I want to make something that echoes for long. A visual statement that is unique and stand out of the incredible noisy crowd of "wannabe" photographer.

I'm so tired of stumbling into webpages of www.xyz_photography.com, where people who just have bought a digital camera starts to promote themself as Photographer. They don't sell anything and they just get some kind of ego satisfaction by seeing their photos on a websites that is accessible for everybody but that nobody visits.

I probably among the group of wannabe photographers I'm describing above - but I've been photographing for 35 years, and I'm still working hard to find my own voice.

The two photos I've posted today was captured while I visited the Nikon Denmark office to collect a Nikon Speedlight SB-910 for test on my blog - NikonNyt.

It was a normal boring neighbourhood but I tried hard to find a scene that would stand out. I hope I succeded.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

1.000 kontakter på LinkedIN

Jeg har netop opnået 1.000 kontakter på LinkedIN . Det er måske ikke specielt imponerende eller relevant, men i og med at jeg har haft en form for dialog og kontakt med hver og en af disse 1.000 personer, så synes jeg faktisk at det er interessant, idet det giver mit LinkedIN netværk en værdi for mig. For nogle uger siden sendte jeg en besked og et link via "Share an update" boksen til hele mit netværk. Budskabet var, at en af mine LinkedIN kontakter netop havde miste sit arbejde (virksomheden måtte lukke) og derfor var på udkik efter nye udfordringer. I fredags modtog jeg en sms med den gode nyhed, at nu var han i job igen - og kontakten blev etableret på grund af min besked via LinkedIN. Jeg anvender LinkedIN dagligt - både arbejdsmæssigt og privat - og vil ikke tøve med at udnævne LinkedIN til en af de mest relevante og professionelle "social media" platforme.

Familieportræt som gave

Et dejligt familieportræt, som blev givet i en julegave til bedsteforældrene. Det er taget i mit studie i Lyngby. Giv mit et kald hvis du også ønsker et familieportræt til en gave. Du får en digital fil i både farve og sort/hvid. Leveres via DropBox. Du kan også få et færdig print. Jeg printer selv i op til A3+ og via Grafik & Foto kan jeg tilbyde større print og indramning.

Erhvervsportræt til Linkedin og CV

Finn has some strong facial features that fits well to a high contrast b&w photo. I asked Finn to pose facing both with the left and right side tilting his face slightly to give him som options depending on where the photo need to be uploaded. The we tried a more direct pose showing his strong hands and with less contrast. If you live near Copenhagen give me a ping if you want a new set of portrait photos for your CV or LinkedIN.