Pages

02/07/2012

Success with e-commerce



In November 2011 I created an e-commerce store - nikonphotoexpert.com, where I sell predominantly Nikon equipment and accessories for photography.

The store has grown at a steady pace and I expect the yearly revenue to pass 100.000$ in 2013. This is not a huge revenue, but as my costs are low (its only me), it is not full time and I also consider this an  learning experience, the profit is still rewarding.

I chose a free theme and did some modifications. This has given me insight into how to build an e-commerce store from a technical point of view.

Lately I've added a newsletter through the email newsletter service of mailchimp.com.

I'll post more on the progress of my store and the valuable findings I pick up.

I recommend the e-commerce platform from shopify.com. It's very easy to set up and in no time you are up an running with a e-commerce store. From this point on a very rewarding journey begins - namely optimizing your store on a daily basis to see business grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment