Skip to main content

Crash - Day 19



It's kind of symbolic. After my "reset" from professional work life, both my iPhone and now also my MacBook Pro chose to malfunction to a degree that a 100% system installation was necessary.

One thing is an Iphone - but a total different issue is when your computer is experiencing a total system melt down. The blue screen you see on the photo is the one thing you don't wont to see when starting your PC. I even tried re-installing from a week old Time Machine back up, but that didn't work either (the full backup including applications and data was transfered but still - blue screen after reboot. So I had to find my original OS DVD - insert it and press and hold "c" down to initiate a reboot from the DVD and then go through the hassle of first installing OS X Leopard and then OS X Lion (3 hours). Now finally I have re-installed all applications, presets in LR, etc. Unfortunately I lost one week of work including a lot of photos. I grabbed my Nikon D300 with shaking hands at turned it on to check the content of the flash card. Luckily I hadn't erased the app. 200 portrait photos I took of a friend of mine for her website. They where still in the camera flash card. Normally I delete photos on the flash card right after I've imported them to LR. Lesson learned = Time Machine back up every day! I'm even doubling my photo backup now, so I do it every day on two external hard drives.

By the way - if you are in the need of an external hard drive - I have a great offer on a 2 TB WD external hard drive here in my little web shop (Danish customers only).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

x-teams

I've just ordered a new book from Amazon. The name "x-teams" immediately caught my eye as I read about it in the Danish business newspaper - Børsen. The reviewer assigned 5 marks out of six, so expectations are high.
X-Teams written by Deborah Ancona and Henrik Bresman raises an interesting question already on the front cover.
"Why do teams fail?"
The topic of the book is how to build teams that lead, innovate, and succeed. I'll write a short review as soon as I've read it.

Seach inside the book here

Three beautiful girls

Family portrait for mother-father and grand parents. Shot at my home studio in Hørsholm. Give me a call or an email if you need a portrait done - either for personal use or as a gift.

SnapScan 9000 - be prepared for a laugh

Can you guess who the nice young man is in the image? It is me as a high school student - important years - where my passion for photography really took off. My god - 35 years has passed since those happy years.

I have just scanned b/w negatives and color slides from these years, and it has been hilarious to see the pictures again. Since many of the images are not something to boast about, the mission was only to get the old negatives and slides converted to digital format. Since I have many pictures from my analog years this conversion process must also go quickly.

Therefore I have just tested JOBO Snapscan 9000. It took med just 5 minutes to unpack it and set up. The scanning process is extremely simple. You install an SD card in the scanner, and then feed negatives or slides into the scanner by the help of various rails and frames - one at a time. The scan process only takes 4 seconds per negative / slide. The scanner has some simple correction options such as built-in color corre…